Click here to get 25% off WordPress Hosting from GoDaddy!
On occasion, Google and their partners will give out AdWords promo codes as part of specific offers. Free Google AdWords promotional codes are typically limited to one per customer, and are often for new advertisers only.
This post is aimed at people who want to experiment with Google AdWords on their GoDaddy website/blog. I highly recommend GoDaddy for all of my domain name and WordPress hosting needs.
Here is how customers can obtain a free $100 Google AdWords credit.
To Activate the Credit
1. Set up or sign into your account at GoDaddy.
2. Click “My Account” from the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This may be presented in the form of “Hi, your first name“. Then click the box that says “Visit My Account“.
3. On this page, click the tab that says $ Payments. Look on the left navigational bar and click the link that says “Advertising Credits“.
4. In the AdWords section – click the Activate Credit button. That button will change to a button that says Sign-up Now.
5. A long promo code will be displayed, copy (ctrl+c) it. Only copy the code, not the activation date and time. (example: 4ZAA-G96E-QFDY-NKYR-ARKJ)
Keep in mind that promotional codes must be entered before their expiration date. It may take up to an hour to receive your ad credit, after an eligible purchase. Further, you must meet the offer mentioned in the code within the stated time (e.g., spend $25 within 30 days).
To Apply the Credit:
1. Sign into your Google AdWords account.
2. Click the Billing tab and go to Billing Preferences.
3. Click Transaction history. Click More actions near the “Make a payment” button. Choose Apply a promotional code.
4. Copy and paste your promotional code from GoDaddy. Remember to input the promo code only, not the date.
After you enter the promotional code, you should see a confirmation note. However, a confirmation will not appear in your AdWords account immediately. The promotional credit will show up on your Billing tab’s Transaction history page only after you carry out the requirements of the promotion.
As of April 2, 2013, Google appears to have stopped offering this $100 AdWords Credit fromGoDaddy. However, in early September of 2013, I noticed that the offer was back. Horray! Take a look at the terms of a current offer below:
Google® AdWords™ Disclaimer: Promotional credit must be applied to a new AdWords™ account within 15 days of creating the AdWords™ account and is valid only for new Google® AdWords™ customers with self-managed signup accounts. Advertisers will be charged for advertising that exceeds the promotional credit. Advertisers will need to suspend their ads if they do not wish to receive additional charges beyond the free credit amount. Offer subject to ad approval, valid registration, and acceptance of the Google® AdWords™ Program standard terms and conditions. The promotional credit is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. Offer may be revoked at any time for any reason by Google® Inc. One promotional credit per customer. Advertisers with self-managed signup accounts are subject to a $5 activation fee. Advertisers who choose prepay billing are subject to a $10 (CAD20) minimum prepayment fee before their account is activated. Any such prepay amount will be credited to Advertiser. Offer valid only for sign ups through the URL provided for the promotion by customers with billing address in the US or Canada. Offer void where prohibited by law. Expires 12/31/2013