Every Monday I read Google’s Weekly Thought Starter from Think with Google. In this week’s series, Google illustrates the cross-device click-stream data of seven participants from a study conducted Luth Research, U.S.. The analysis of digital activity from study participants yielded seven key insights about the very complex nature of consumer search.
- Location and convenience
- Count on an informed consumer
- Expect that search will lead to discovery
- Think about complementary categories
- Prepare for the unexpected
- Don’t underestimate the power of reviews
- Remember the world is mobile first.
Check out Seven Ways to Win Customers on Their Path to Purchase for the study’s takeaways and examples of online customer journeys. Not surprisingly, the path to purchase is not often a linear process.