My Strategic Internet Marketing students recently completed a course assignment using Google AdWords. The primary learning objective was to acquire hands on experience driving traffic to any web page and any blog post from their MKTG 470 course websites.
Through this AdWords assignment, students developed skills in paid search (pay-per-click marketing) using Google AdWords. With a total account budget of $15.00 and a window of 15 possible days, students had an opportunity to learn how to structure accounts, create campaigns and ad groups, develop and manage keyword lists, utilize effective matching options, test ad copy, modify keyword bids, assess account performance, adjust daily budgets, and much more. Students were also treated to a presentation from a very special ’08 JMU Marketing alum ~ Lindsay (Matt) Crone, Creative Editor at The Search Agency.
I wish to recognize a few students from my spring 2012 class for exceptional performance in a few key areas from this assignment:
- Highest CTR at the Lowest Avg CPC: Christie Belinski
- Highest Number of Clicks at the Lowest Avg CPC: Carrie Webber
- Highest CTR: Christie Belinski
- Highest Number of Clicks: Scott LeDuc
- Best Budget Management: Carrie Webber
- Best Overall Optimization: Sarah Carpenter, Megan Rose, Joanna Tu, and Xin Yang