As my Fall 2013 MKTG 470 students are now half way through their Paid Search (PPC) assignment, I thought it would be a good time to share some of my favorite resources for writing good AdWords ad copy.
- Highlight what makes your business, product, or offer unique
- Include prices, promotions, and exclusives
- Tell your customers what they can do
- Include at least one of your keywords in your ad text
- Match your ad to your landing page
Ensure that the ads meet the editorial guidelines provided by Google or they will not be displayed! Just ONE violation can get your account suspended. When in doubt check the full list of Google’s Editorial Policies.
What are some of your tips on writing good AdWords ad copy?